Smile Makeover for Crooked Teeth
Smile makeover treatment is a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure. A smile makeover consists of not one, but several cosmetic dentistry treatments that are combined to address aesthetic flaws and enhance the appearance of the smile. Many patients who are considering smile makeover treatment at Dr. Edward Narcisi’s dental practice, which serves Monroeville, PA, and Pittsburgh, PA, wonder if a smile makeover treats crooked teeth.
Here, Dr. Narcisi provides more information about smile makeover treatment, including how it can improve a smile that is affected by crooked teeth, and what type of procedures may be included in smile makeover treatment when crooked teeth are a concern.
How Does A Smile Makeover Address Crooked Teeth?
A smile makeover is one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments. Because each treatment plan is customized to the specific needs of the patient, it can address a wide range of cosmetic concerns. In addition to improving the look of crooked teeth, smile makeover treatment can correct other blemishes that make the smile look misaligned, unbalanced, or simply less-than-perfect, including:
- Uneven gum line
- Gapped teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Small or misshapen teeth
- Missing teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth
- Dental discoloration or stains
Treatments for Crooked Teeth
As stated, each smile makeover treatment is planned with the patient’s unique needs and desires in mind, so each procedure varies slightly. When assisting patients who are concerned with crooked teeth, there are a few dental procedures that may be included in smile makeover treatment, such as:
- Porcelain veneers - Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular options for individuals with crooked teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin dental restorations that bond to the facial surface of the teeth to conceal blemishes and minor malocclusion problems. Porcelain veneers can improve the size or shape of the teeth, both of which create the appearance of a straighter and more uniform smile.
- Dental crowns - If a single tooth is crooked, misshaped, or oddly sized, a dental crown may be an appropriate option. A dental crown, or cap, sits directly over a flawed tooth to enhance its appearance while adding a layer of strength and protection.
- Dental implants - Missing teeth can cause the smile to look off, or may result in shifting of the natural teeth. If tooth loss has contributed to a crooked smile, dental implants can fill in gaps to restore a straighter smile.
- Orthodontics - Often, crooked teeth are purely a cosmetic concern, meaning they do not affect a person’s oral health or functions. However, if malocclusion problems are more advanced, it is necessary to correct the position of the teeth to prevent further dental complications. In these cases, orthodontic treatment may be included in smile makeover treatment.
Enhancing Teeth Straightening Results
A smile makeover can effectively treat crooked teeth for our Monroeville patients, but the procedure is really meant to address a wide range of imperfections. To get the most out of smile makeover treatment and enhance teeth straightening results, patients often choose to include additional procedures, such as teeth whitening, cosmetic dental bonding, or tooth-colored fillings.
At his dental practice, Dr. Edward Narcisi offers a number of cosmetic dentistry treatments to address crooked teeth and improve the overall appearance of the smile. To find out which treatments may be best-suited to your unique needs and desires, send us a message online or call (412) 373-9447 at your earliest convenience.