Payment Options to Cover the Cost of Dental Implants
Gaps lefts by missing teeth are one of the most noticeable cosmetic flaws experienced by our patients. What some of our patients may not realize is that these gaps also leave the remaining teeth more vulnerable to shifting, decay, and structural damage. So not only is it important to replace missing teeth for cosmetic benefits, but it is also vital to a patient’s overall oral health. Pittsburgh cosmetic dentist Edward Narcisi devotes a large portion of his practice to restoring the smile through the placement of dental implants. These dental implants act as artificial tooth roots, which secure dental restorations that act as artificial teeth. With these implants and restorations in place, our patients are able to enjoy a restored state of confidence and security. Because dental implants are the most secure and durable dental restoration treatment, they are also one of the more costly dental procedures. Dr. Narcisi and his team ensure that each of our Pittsburgh patients has an accurate estimate of dental implants costs, as well as general information on payment options available to cover the procedure cost.
Costs of Dental Implants
The total costs of dental implants can vary based on a number of factors. Some of the variables that directly affect the cost of dental implants treatment include the following:
- The number of procedures performed: Typically, multiple treatments are performed to restore the health of the jawbone, gums, and remaining teeth before dental implants are placed. Each of these procedures will involve costs such as the oral surgeon, office or hospital space, and anesthesia. Some patients may require additional treatment(s) for bone grafting, which will be necessary if the jaw bone is not strong enough to support dental implants.
- The number of implants placed: The number of dental implants to be placed will depend on the number of teeth that are being replaced. For individual gaps, a patient will likely need a dental implant for each restoration, while larger gaps or full jaw restorations may be supported by a set number of dental implants.
- The materials used in the implant procedure: Dental implants are composed of titanium so that they fuse with the jaw bone and offer superior support for dental restorations. The dental restorations may be composed of several different materials. The type of restorations used will affect the final cost of dental implants treatment.
Patients seeking dental implants treatment may pay anywhere between $1,000 and $3,000 per implant. Because of the number of factors that can affect the cost of dental implants, the only way to receive an accurate cost estimate is through a dental consultation with Dr. Narcisi.
We understand that, for our patients in Pittsburgh, dental implants can create a financial burden. However, we also understand the health benefits of this procedure, which is why Dr. Narcisi’s staff is happy to help patients explore payment options for dental implants treatment. The most common payment options to explore include,
- Insurance: Depending on the type of insurance coverage a patient has, the cost of dental implants may be covered in part by the insurance company. Our staff can work with each patient’s insurer to determine if insurance coverage is available.
- Flexible spending account (FSA): Some employers offer flexible spending accounts to their employers. FSAs allow employees to set aside money (pre-tax) to be used on medical procedures. Patients considering dental implants should ask employers if this option is available and determine if dental implants is a procedure covered by the flexible spending account.
- Personal financing: If insurance or an FSA is not available or does not cover the full cost of dental implants treatment, personal financing can cover the remaining costs. Personal financing options may include payment plans, a personal loan, or a credit card.
Schedule an Appointment
If you would like to learn more about treating tooth loss with dental implants, schedule an appointment with Dr. Edward Narcisi at your earliest convenience. We are happy to discuss the dental implants procedure as well as answer any questions about costs and payment options.